Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Memories...



Greetings in Christ ~ 

This past weekend was filled with a lot of good family time. We celebrated an 80th Birthday party for one of Mr. T.’s Aunts and I had a family reunion on my Dad’s side. One of the Adventures for the weekend included driving to my Dad’s old homestead. It was interesting to see the place, which now looks very different, and to recall many memories that I have of visiting Grandma and Grandpa’s house, for Christmas and Easter especially. Christmas on my dad’s side of the family was always a lot of fun because I was able to see all my Aunts, Uncles, and my cousins, all three of them. So as we looked around I remember where the Christmas tree used to be, sleepovers with my Aunt, and playing with Paper Dolls.

After we were finished with the family reunion and taking a look at the homestead we stopped at the local cheese factory, after all I am still a Wisconsinite at heart and we enjoyed stocking up on all of the local favorites including cheese curds, string cheese and no visit to the cheese factory is complete without an ice cream treat.

The weekends adventures alluded to some great conversation including what kind of memories will our children have when they get older and what kind of childhood will the kids remember will it be a childhood and a house full of joy and love? What kind of virtues and values will we pass on? What kind of Legacy?

Blessings, 
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!