Monday, October 13, 2014

Menu Planning



I still like to plan out meals for the week, or at least have an idea of what dishes I can make based on what I have on the shelves. This is not always possible due to all of life’s distractions but I still like to give it a try. 

Monday – My brother is in town for the night so we helped him experience the local favorite restaurant plus we had not been there in a while and I think Mr. T was going through withdrawal.
Tuesday – I have to work so actually Mr. T will be in charge of supper.
Wednesday – Chicken Pot Pie
Thursday – Enchilada’s
Friday – Homemade Pizza
Saturday – Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch

I originally typed this post on the way back from WI yesterday and at that time I discussed with Mr. T what the meal plan should be for the week and explained to him that I was typing it up to include it on the blog. In which he thought I crazy and wondered why I would ever include our plan on the blog and why anybody would care. I proceeded to tell him that one of my favorite blogs Money Saving Mom includes a meal plan for the and that I enjoy getting idea for dinners, she I think even does breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. I actually have had discussions with other ladies about rather or not they do meal plans, and if they do the whole deal or just dinner and rather or not they do it monthly, weekly and even on a rotating basis and rather or not they do they do the meal plan based on whats on sale.  Mr. T in his loving way went on to tell me that women need more things  to talk about and more things to do if we spend that much time on meal planning. My response back was that I need to meal plan precisely because I have to much to do and that meal planning  relieves the huge stress of not ending up with the all to often scenario of the kids hungry and off the wall,  Miss E wanting to feed and me having no idea what to put on the table at the last minute. 

I would love to know if you meal plan and if so how you go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!