Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling Connected...Excitement, Joy, Conviction

I am so fortunate to have some wonderful friends and to be part of a few small groups. I have realized that as a wife and mother, and especially as a stay-at-home mom those friends and those small groups are much needed, and that I must take the opportunity to feel connected with friends, no matter how busy I may feel at times.

God has truly blessed me with receiving phone calls from friends, and sometimes even in-regards to teaching on just the right days or at just the right times. Those phone calls are always such a blessing. Rather it is by being uplifted by a story of God's Grace, or by a women who is willing to share incredible wisdom with such conviction, or by listening to friends who are filled with excitement and joy as they share stories about new found relationships.

I received two of these such calls within the last few days. After each separate call I felt in
invigorated and amazed by each women's excitement, wisdom, or conviction. That was truly a blessing. 

I also realized though on the other hand that I missed having those feelings. I miss not having that same joy and excitement as I talk about my relationship with Mr. T. I also miss not feeling like I have that same wisdom and conviction in my voice as I once did when I talk about faith, or that I feel nearly as close to God as I did when I was a full-time youth minister.

I am though also very very aware of the blessings that I have now. Even just tonight it was amazing and wonderful to sit back and observe Mr. T and Little Might playing together. Now, when I talk and think about that it is quite possible that I will have a hint of excitement, joy, and conviction.

Where does your joy, excitement, and conviction lay?

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!