Saturday, October 22, 2011

Frugal Friday - Stuck up on Peanut Butter

Greetings:
I hope you are each having a wonderful weekend. My apologies that this is a day late, but, I really wanted to get this in. As always I hoping I have a tip here that will help you each save a few pennies - this just be a biggy!

My family goes through a fair amount of peanut butter, and I am sure that once Little Might gets older we will go through even more - I like to think of it as a great source of protein. It makes for a simple snack i.e. that Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, the piece of toast with Peanut Butter poured on, or peanut butter cookies, or everybody's favorite, at least mine, rice crispy treats made with Peanut Butter. Now that I have you craving Peanut Butter, here comes the bad new, that quick source of protein is going to go up by 30-40% sources say.

I heard this from a friend and I did some research and sure enough, due to the drought in Texas this past summer the peanut crop was not as large so the price of peanut butter is going up according to MSN Money.

The good thing, if you live in MN and possibly WI, Rainbow has a PRICE CAP on their Skippy Peanut Butter brand, their 15-16.3 oz. varieties are a $1.98 till Dec. 31st. So you have until the end of December to stuck up.

A few other highlights from their PRICE CAP deals for those that have access to Rainbow, fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts for $1.98 a lb or Mr. T's personal favorite fresh lean group beef for $1.96 a lb in a 3lb tube, I have also enjoyed the great prices on produce, celery is 98c a bag and carrots are only 48c for a 1 lb bag. There are many many more wonderful PRICE CAP'S so make sure you check out your weekly and stock up on a few of these items. 

Till next time, be frugal. 

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!