Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A visit with Jesus






A few weeks ago I signed-up for an hour of adoration...during the day...so Little Might comes with me. Yes, I am bringing my toddler with me to adoration and am asking him to sit somewhat still and remain somewhat quite for a whole hour. Some people may call me crazy and sometimes I think I might be.

So why, am I doing this, good question. This is a question that I have asked my self fairly often during each hour of adoration.  Especially when he is being a "toddler" a toddler that has a case of "ants in his pants".

I often go back to what Mr. T told me when I was discerning rather or not I should sign-up for an hour, "that God would want him there"; and to what Jesus says in the bible, "Let the Little Children Come to Me!" I truly believe that it is the right thing to do (bringing Little Might to adoration) even if it is not the easy thing to do.

I have learned though that I need to count on the graces that Jesus gives simply when we are in adoration, even when the hour is not nearly as "productive" as what I would prefer it to be. I don't usually have the chance to spend the whole hour deep in prayer and thought.

Instead the hour usually consists of me keeping Little Might in check, making sure that he does not race up to the front or out the back door, while my rosary that I try to say, partly consists of praying that Little Might does not get to loud or start crying.

Last week though, I realized why I truly go to Adoration with Little Might, so can be exposed to Jesus, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, in the most Holy Eucharist. So as he grows he will have the opportunity to become friends with Jesus and feel comfortable adoring him in the most Holy Sacrament, while spending an hour with Him.

It was also last week that I received a special gift, Little Might fell asleep in my arms. It truly was a beautiful moment where, I realized that there was no other place for me to be at that very moment, and that there was NOTHING else that I should be doing, but adoring our Lord and Savior in the Eucharist, while holding my sleeping child.

It was beautiful!

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!