Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A day to celebrate life (yours) or just another day?

Yesterday was my birthday, I am not going to tell you though how old I am! No there are still times when I feel quite young so I will continue to go with that.

I have realized though that when you get to be a mom that sometimes a birthday gets to be just another day. I have a friend who indicated a few weeks ago that her wish for her birthday was to simply sit down on the couch with her hubby and watch a movie. Oh my, what wishes and dreams come to some-day's.

I did not have very high expectations for the day, I am working on that whole realistic expectations. Which helped because by the end of the day I realized that it was a great day. Now the day still included all those normal annoyances sometimes. You know the ones, the dirty diapers, the clothes washing, the waking up crying. Yes, Little Might, did not get the memo for the day! He still woke up at 6:00am crying and then ended the day being very very fussy, he now has full blown cold today, poor little guy. :-(

With all of that being said though it was a great, I was able to spend the evening Mr. T - we went on a date. Complete with dinner, a game of scattergories and Dr. Mario, we had so much fun, or at least, I did.

To top it off Little Might somehow got out and bought me 2 dozen roses, they are beautiful, and he bought me a card, with a sticker in it even, that says that I am the world's best Mommy!

Which as I think about it what more could a girl want for her birthday, I truly am blessed, I have a wonderful husband and an adorable son who I love so much, and hey he still thinks that I am the world's best mommy - even if I don't always think so.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!