Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Feast of St. John Latern

Today in the Catholic Church we celebrate the Feast of St. John Lateran.

The first question we need to ask ourselves is who or what is St. John Lateran, well it is not a he, it is actually a church. St. John Lateran is the Cathedral for the Diocese of  Rome, it is the seat of the Pope, Pope Benedict XVI.




 
Mr. T and I have been fortunate enough to visit this great Cathedral of Rome. It is truly a beautiful church and one of the four major basilicas of Rome.

As we celebrate today's feast day I cannot help but think back to my time in Rome, both when Mr. T and I honeymooned there and when I studied in the heart of Catholicism. This feast day though is also a great day for us to remember the universality of the Church, how we are intimately connected with Rome. More than that, how Rome is the seat of the Roman Catholic Church. 

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!