Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sabbath Sense Saturday

Sabbath Sense Saturday is Back!

We are starting another round of Sabbath Sense Saturday this weekend, a round that I am hoping will be continuous - we will see!

This weekend we have a great first reading. A reading that comes from one of my favorite books of the bible, Wisdom! Which makes me think I should really spend more time reading the book of Wisdom.

This reading from Wisdom calls us, maybe inspires us, to seek out the beautiful gift of Wisdom - Sophia in Greek.

Wisdom as one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit is given to us Christians, us Catholics through the sacraments and builds upon the gift of knowledge and the gift of faith. We are also reminded in the bible passage that the gift of Wisdom is "resplendent and unfading" and likewise "readily perceived by those who love her, and found by those who seek her". With that last passage I am also reminded of the bible passage "But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it." The Lord wants to bestow on us his gifts of the Holy Spirit his gift of Wisdom. So may we here the words of the bible passage this weekend and pray for that beautiful gift of Wisdom.

The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. 
 
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!