Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adventures Up North!

I finally have the long over due pictures to pass on to you from our camping trip Up North along the North Shore.

We stayed in Grand Marais! One of my favorite things that we did in Grand Marais, was walk to Artist Point, it is called artist point because many people have captured the beauty of Lake Superior at this point, through photography, and paintings.

One of the neat things that people do is they build rock sculptures out of the rocks that are on the peninsula. We decided that we needed to try out our own artistic skills.

We couldn't leave Little Might out of all the fun, here Mr. T is helping him put the last rock on the top of the sculpture.










After we built the big rock sculpture, I decided to make a small sculpture myself, that included three rock pyramids.
We enjoyed eating donuts and coffee, from the World's Best Donuts, they really were very good.














I am also very excited to report that my wonderful dear husband even got up with me at 5:30am to watch the sunrise. He is so good to me.









We stayed at a campground directly on the shores of Lake Superior, it was beautiful! I hope you enjoyed the pictures and tomorrow I will include pictures from a one of our day trips.

Blessins,
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!