Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adventures...

Yesterday, I simply wrote about the beauty of having our wedding vows renewed during our vacation Up North, but, the weekend away was definitely filled with more adventures than that. Yes, unfortunately, not all adventures were ones that I would have chosen to have.

Truck difficulties, are NEVER fun! That was the case last weekend. The difficulties started on Sunday and continued off and on through out the weekend. On Sunday we tried to journey into the BWCA. I was on a mission! I wanted to do some hiking and more than that I really wanted to see a moose! Well, due to some minor problems with the truck I saw no moose, and no hiking was done.

Can I say that I desperately need to learn to take things more with the flow. I also realized that I need to be happy and excited just to spend time with my family. Yes, it can be nice to have activities that you would like to do, but, simply, spending time with the family needs to be the priority. Personally at least I feel that with that kind of priority I would be able to enjoy the vacation more and go with the the flow.

However, one of the interesting tidbits that I learned this weekend ties into the second adventure dealing with AAA, and another truck difficulty. I learned that bear cubs will climb a tree upon the coaxing/order of the mother bear and will stay up there until she calls them down, which could be for hours if not days, till she believes that they are out of danger. This made me think in general of the wrath of the mother bear and how you NEVER want to cross her path. Sometimes as a mom I get the same attitude, don't mess with me.

I need to admit that this is what happened when I called AAA on Tuesday when we had truck problems again after we thought that it was fixed. This time in the middle of rush hour traffic on the side of a major freeway. So anyway I called AAA and for the second time, they were not able to help, we were instead helped by a State Trooper who came to our rescue, the same thing happened last time I called AAA. At that time I was pregnant with Little Might and was stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire.

Back to this adventure though. When I called AAA I right away stated that it was a Road Side Emergency, but instead of getting to the emergency they proceeded to ask me a series of questions including rather or not I would like to add an email address to my account. Which at that time I calmly stated that maybe we should get to the point of my phone call - the EMERGENCY. Which than when I told him the situation and what we though was wrong he told me that no that is not whats wrong! Which turned out that yes, getting a new battery, started the truck up again.

So yes, unfortunately we did have a few adventures within our trip, but, all in all, it was a great trip.

I promise that I will share some pictures of the journey Up North!

Blessings,
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!