Friday, August 26, 2011

Frugal Friday - Shutterfly

It's Friday and it's Frugal Friday here at Adventurous Beginnings.

Part of me is excited that its Friday but the other part is overwhelmed because I am so NOT caught up on all of the housecleaning and laundry from being gone for part of the week, but that just may have to be the way it all goes.

Today's Frugal Friday is all about Shutterfly, which I am not sure how using Shutterfly is all that Frugal, when I could simply become more creative and make all my photo albums by hand, or maybe even a more inexpensive way on the computer but I have not found one, OK truthfully have never looked.

On the up side I have received some deals from Shutterfly in the last two weeks deals that have made it so we have one brand new photo album$ from Mr. T's and I honeymoon with another new photo album on its way that includes all of the Adventures of the Summer thus far including Little Mights 1st Birthday.

I have realized that every time you purchase something via Shutterfly you receive a "FREE" 20pg 8x8 Hardcover Photo Album, you do have to pay $7.99 for shipping and and you have to pay $1 for every page over 20 you have. It is not the usual 80 cents. So before I knew it my "FREE" photo album still cost $15 but it did save me $30. Which is pretty good that way.

This is the second time that I was able to get a "Free" photo album, the first was after I ordered the birth announcements for Little Might, they again sent me an email for a free photo album. So from now I am going to be prepared and have a photo album ready to go. I am already planning on what I would like to do, when I order Christmas Cards. I should state that you only have about half a week to send in your order. That is why I was up until 2am the other night working on the one for the Summer Adventures.   

What started all of this, this time around, was that I received an email a few weeks ago advertising Free Shipping and 20% off Photo Albums. It was at that time that I decided to create and surprise Mr T with a Photo Album of our Honeymoon. For it was long overdue and I new that I needed to just do it. In the long run I did save $10 but I never got the Free Shipping. :-( The photo album still cost a pretty penny but I do have almost 50 pages of memories, in a beautiful hardcover album.

In the long run I am very excited about both of these two photo albums. Likewise I am looking forward to creating more photo albums via Shutterfly with there new Custom Path which gives you so many more options.

Blessings,
Joy 



1 comment:

  1. I know you wrote this a while ago, but I am also singing the praises of Shutterfly on my blog lately too. I just got a free $30 photo book for my son's senior pictures (a year later). Love that, and it was QUICK. I had tried Picaboo (love the creativity of those books and ease of making them) and Creative Memories (a pain if you don't pay extra for their software). Those two were much more expensive! You can see my videos comparing Shutterfly and Snapfish too. I do mostly prints for economic reasons, but when they offer me a free book, I am going for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!