Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"O God Beyond All Praising"

At the wedding that we attended last weekend the Recessional Hymn was beautiful, and was titled "O God Beyond All Praising" by Perry Holst. I  have heard this song before, but not at a wedding, I don't believe. As we were traveling yesterday, I ran across the Worship Aid, which had the words in it, I took a moment to read through those words again and realized how truly inspiring they are. For me they reminded me of ALL the blessings and gifts that the Lord does bestow on us, on how many times I take those gifts for granted. As I was reflecting I also realized that no matter what is going on in life the blessings that out way the sorrows. For we have the gift of Jesus and His love and promises that will always be there to sustain us.

O God beyond all praising,
we worship you today
and sing the love amazing
that songs cannot repay:
for we can only wonder
at every gift you send,
at blessings without number
and mercies without end:
we lift our hearts before you
and wait upon your word,
we honor and adore you,
our great and mighty Lord.

Then hear, O gracious Savior,
accept the love we bring,
that we who know your favor
may serve you as our king;
and whether our tomorrows
be filled with good or ill,
we'll triumph through our sorrows
and rise to bless you still:
to marvel at your beauty
and glory in your ways,
and make a joyful duty
our sacrifice of praise

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!