Friday, August 12, 2011

Frugal Friday - Christmas in August!

I received a package yesterday! Actually I received an order from a Norwex party that I hosted a few weeks back,I was so excited though for this package to come, and to use all my brand new cleaning products. Yes, you read that right I was excited to clean.

All my new cleaning supplies!
That is exactly what I did I cleaned, trying out all my brand new items. I mopped the floor with the antibac mop pad, without a mop and bucket, it took me about 1/4 if the time, and floors feel clean not sticky. Than I dusted with the antibac dust mitt, next was the kitchen where I used a spirnett to clean the stove top, which is actually starting to shine again. On top of all of that the screen on my laptop is finally clean streak free, so is the tv all from the window cloth.

I am excited to continue to use all of my products which still includes trying the chemical free dish soap, the dryer balls, as well as a large antibac cloth, and antibac kitchen cloths. The best thing about all of my cleaning today is that I cleaned it all with no chemicals. The second best thing is that I did not pay an arm and a leg for all of these products I paid under $40 for everything, that was because I got so many hostess bonus items.

I also believe that in the long run all of these items will continue to save us money. It is estimated that on average a household spends over $500 on cleaning supplies. I for starters will not be buying any more Pinesol for the floor, Scrubbing Bubbles for the bathroom, or fabric softener for the clothes. That is just for now, we will see where my quest for using no more chemicals leads me.

Another tid-bit for being frugal, a person can save even more money if they would decide to sell the product. However, if you do not have the desire or enough motivation to sell the product, I will save all that for a future post, you can still think about hosting a party, most home direct sale companies have awesome hostess benefits, so, I definitely recommend hosting parties for the products that you enjoy and use.

That will be it for this edition of Frugal Friday!

Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy!

    Last summer, my cousin got me started with 'green' cleaning products. And what do you know? They're cheaper than the usual stuff! For example, vinegar and baking soda can clean 75% of everything (I think that's the right percentage ;-) ). Vinegar and baking soda in your cleaning routine eliminates the need for anti-bacterial wipes, Soft Scrub, etc. My roommate makes a fabulous cleaning paste by mixing cheap dish soap with baking soda. Just a few things your post made me think of!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!