Friday, August 5, 2011

Frugal Friday - Sharing Deals

For today's Frugal Friday I am going to share an amazing deal that I came upon thanks to great friend of mine over at In the Life of an Actor, in the link post she talks about this great deal that she also shared over Facebook!

Rainbow has this new 10 for 10 deal every week. This week they seemed to have an exceptionally great line-up which included Louis Rich Ground Turkey part of the Kraft line of foods, not affiliated with Cargill and the massive recall, and Whole Wheat Bread, protein and carbs!

I tend to use ground turkey instead of beef, for I try not to use a lot of red meet in my cooking. So with that in mind anytime that I can get ground turkey for only a buck I am very happy, usually it is on average $2.50-$3.00 - what a deal.

Another staple in the Mr. T household as in many households is bread and I was shocked to see that the price of wheat bread had gone up to over a buck normally, at Rainbow. I soon realized that this week whole wheat bread was also part of the 10 for 10 sale.


Needless to say I went to Rainbow earlier this week and stocked up, or at least as much as I can without a Freezer Chest, yes that is on my wish list as well. Before I went to the store though I checked in with one of my SIL's that try's to feed 6 kids on a tight budget and shared the wealth, I ended up purchasing over a dozen lbs of ground turkey for the two of us. Next time you find a good deal, share it!

It is always a good shopping trip when you save more than you spend. 

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!