Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Renewel of Wedding Vows!

Wow, what a weekend! It is good to be back home. I was hoping to do some blogging while up the North Shore, but at the same time it was nice not to have excess to good internet service.

It was a really nice weekend away though for our anniversary! Which we celebrated on Monday the feast of the Coronation of Mary, it is always nice to ask Mary our Mother for her intercession, for everything, but especially for our marriage and family.

Mr. T and I were blessed to have the chance to have our Wedding Vows renewed again this year, after mass on Saturday night. We went to the same church that we went to last year on our anniversary weekend, and when asking the priest if he would be willing to give us a blessings he instead offered to renew our vows. Every time we renew our Wedding Vows I am amazed by the new meaning that these vows take on after living those vows. I have copied the standard text of the wedding vows. I changed the vows to add a few words, to make it applicable for the renewal of wedding vows, I believe that this is what the priest did on Saturday.

"(Name) and (name), have you come here freely and without reservation to give yourselves to each other in marriage again?"

"Will you honor each other as man and wife for the rest of your lives?"

"Will you continue to accept children lovingly from God, and bring them up according to the law of Christ and his Church?"
Priest (or deacon): Since it is your intention to enter into marriage, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church.

Groom: I, (name), take you, (name) again, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Bride: I, (name), take you, (name) again, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
I am not sure if adding the words is liturgically correct, but, it is what the priest did. Non-the-less, it is still amazing to remember the covenant that Mr. T, and I entered into two years ago, and to recommit to living out that same covenant, which wow, those words really do take on new meaning. I was so naive when I got married, and somehow I think Mr. T was to and I actually believe that to some extent we all are, which is a blessing and a gift. For at that time when we first say those vows we are filled with that tabor vision of of spouse, we are "In Love".

When you renew those vows, you are renewing them knowing knowing more about that other person, you have a better understanding of what the good and the bad, and sometimes even the ugly, look like. Which is what gives those vows even more beauty and more meaning.

To Mr. T, I love you and thank you for your commitment to love and to hold me from this day forward!

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!