Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Best Laid Plans

The best laid plans sometimes go awry.

My family went camping again this past weekend, and yes, plans did not always go as we thought they should.

By nature, I am a planner. I plan, I schedule and yes, I like things to go the way that I think they should. Yes, I do feel as if the Lord is working on that. As a wife and mother I am so realizing that I cannot always plan and schedule the things to go the way I think they should. I cannot always schedule when Little Might will need me. I definitely cannot plan or schedule Mr. T. Neither should I, which means that I need to learn how to go with the flow.

With all of that being said though, the Lord is definitely working on me, for our best laid plans for the weekend went awry, I am happy to say though, that I simply went with the flow and things turned out great.

We were supposed to stay until Monday but heavy rain and hail was in the forecast for Sunday night and Monday morning. We decided not to take a chance.

While at camp we had a wonderful time! 

We went hiking...

We went to a Fiddler Jam, and Little Might had a lot of fun dancing...

So we left a day early which meant that we left on Sunday afternoon and got back late Sunday night. Which still meant though that we had all day Monday to spend together and that we did. We had a great day!

We started it off by sleeping in, even Little Might slept in! :-)

Than we went to the zoo...

Than to the conservatory...

Than we enjoyed some ice cream and went to daily mass, which was wonderful. 
It was a great day, an amazing weekend and a great lesson in going with the flow, allowing God to be in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!