Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sabbath Sense Saturday

Solemnity of Corpus Christi


"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
has eternal life,
and I will raise him on the last day."
From the Gospel of John Chapter 6

The Solemnity of Corpus Christi, translated in English is the Feast of the Body of Christ! The Eucharist is the "source and summit" of our life as Catholics. On this great feast we celebrate the institution of the Eucharist on Holy Thursday. We celebrate, that as Catholics we can come together to receive the Holy Eucharist, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity. 

When we receive the Eucharist, we ourselves become a Tabernacle. We have Christ in us! Wow, think about that for a second, Christ will literally dwell within us. It is hard for us to grasp, ok, at least it is hard for me to grasp, that our Savior, Jesus Christ, dwells within me at that very moment. 

On this solemnity it is very common for people through the world to come together for Eucharistic Processions. People come together to witness to the Truth of Jesus. To witness to the mystery of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist that was established on Holy Thursday, when Jesus gathered together with His disciples and changed bread into his body and wine into His blood; saying "this is my body, this is my blood"!

Every Sunday and every day that we attend mass we participate in this mystery. When the priest in Persona Christi, actually changes bread and wine into Christ's body and blood.
Wow, again what an amazing gift of salvation Christ gives us.

May we have the chance to "bow down in adoration" before the Blessed Sacrament this weekend!


Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!