Friday, June 24, 2011

Frugal Friday


Greetings and Welcome to Frugal Friday~

We are getting ready to go camping again this weekend! Yes, I am keeping my expectations in check, really hoping for a good weekend but trying not to get to excited.

So today's Frugal Friday is going to include a few things that both Mr. T and I did, frugally, to get things ready.

As I was doing the meal planning and meal prep for the weekend Mr. T was busy working on our new awning for the camper.

One of the things that I have done to prepare for this camping trip, was bring out our food dehydrator. I am really excited to say that we have candied strawberries, banana chips, grapefruit rings, and apple crisps for the weekend, can say yum! The fruit will make great snacks through out the trip, and it is so much easier to pack than fresh fruit.


This is the first time that I have used the dehydrator that I was able to pick up for only $5. I think I will be using it more often though after this great experience. I am excited to try some veggies on their next, especially come fall when all the crops come in, and I can pick up lots of veggies at the farmers market for just a few bucks.

Yes, those are flowers that you see in the picture. I LOVE fresh flowers and if could I would have fresh flowers  all the time on the table. But, at last I can't but I do try to pick  flowers up for every camping trip it adds a really nice feminine touch to the camper. I set them next to the chocolates that I always have on the table as well when camping. I found the flowers for $3 at Trader Joe's, the same place where I got hamburger for $2.50 and a bottle of wine, 2 buck chuck for only $2.99.  I love Trader Joe's!

As I indicated as I was doing the meal prep throughout the week Mr. T was putting together the canopy for the camper. The canopy is up and it looks great, and it has already been helpful in keeping us dry. I promise to take pictures this weekend and will post them on Tuesday,

I hope you each have a great weekend and stay tuned for Sabbath Sense Saturday.

Blessings,
Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!