Monday, June 27, 2011

Manic Monday

Greetings ~
I hope you each had a great weekend. As you read this I am still camping with my family. So I will share stories with you tomorrow, once I get back.

The Menu for Manic Monday

We will have a short week here in the Mr. T. house, so the menu for this week will definitely be shorter and you will see a few duplicates from last week, last week was extremely crazy getting ready for camping so I still have a few things left over.

Tuesday - Pasta Shells, that are currently frozen in the freezer
Wednesday - Tilapia and grilled veggies
Thursday - Leftovers
Saturday or Sunday -Steaks on the Grill

Yes, I have a bonus day on here. I hope to grill I nice big round steak that is in the freezer, on Saturday or Sunday. I am going to share with you a little tip that Mr. T and I learned two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago for Fathers Day I wanted to grill a nice big piece of t-bone steak that we had. Both of these pieces of meet, the t-bone and the round steak, came from a local farmer, and from a lean milking cow we are assuming for the meet is very lean.

Two weeks ago when I wanted to grill the t-bone I forgot to take out the meet the night before, and likewise I knew that it was going to need to be marinated, for it was so lean. So I decided to put the crock-pot to work. I put the frozen steak in the crock-pot with soy sauce, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce, set it on low and let crock-pot do the thawing and marinating at the same time. We than finished it up on the grill.

The results were scrumptious! The steak had a very flavorful layer of char on it - delicious! This is exactly what I plan to do next weekend, as we all celebrate a long weekend with Independence Day!

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!