Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sabbath Sense Saturday

Welcome to Adventurous Beginnings and to the first installment of Sabbath Sense Saturday.

On Saturdays my blog will always include a reflection on one of Sunday's readings, or on a Saint, in the Catholic Church that we will celebrate within the next week.

The idea for Sabbath Sense Saturday's came to mind because when I was the Director of Youth Ministry and RCIA coordinator a few years ago one of the things that I did was write bulletin articles once a month and I really enjoyed doing that. So now I will be able to write my own mini bulletin article every week just for you, my readers. :-)

I am really excited to say that we have an incredible feast, Solemnity to start us of with, the Solemnity of Pentecost. :-)

Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire,
which parted and came to rest on each one of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit!
I have been extremely fortunate to have had the privilege and the honor of working with both teens and adults as they prepare for the sacrament of Confirmation, the sacrament within the Catholic Church that stems from the Solemnity of Pentecost. When we celebrate the truth of the disciples being filled with the gifts of the Holy Spirit; Wisdom, Understanding, Fortitude, Counsel, Knowledge, Piety, and Wonder and Awe in the Lord.    

From these seven gifts of the Holy Spirit, which one do you feel God has given you and which one do you feel the need to continue to pray for. 

I know that personally in my life I have been blessed with the gift of Wisdom or Understanding but need to pray daily for the gift of Fortitude to live out my life as christian. 

May God bless you and your family with a wonderful weekend and an amazing Solemnity of Pentecost. May we each have the courage and the strength to pray that we may be filled this weekend with the gifts of the Holy Spirit so that we to may to be disciples of Christ. 

I hope to see you back here at Adventurous Beginnings on Monday, for Maniac Monday. 

Blessings, 
Joy :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!