Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Night on the Patio with Friends - A few summer recipes

Greetings:
Welcome to Adventurous Beginnings – I am glad that you stopped by. One of the things that I would like to do with this blog is pass on great recipes that I find as I explore the land of culinary endeavors – adventures.

A few nights ago we had some friends over for cocktails on the patio we got kind of ambitious and I made Lemon Coolers as Mr. T made grilled banana boats.

We choose the Lemon Coolers because we had Bourbon on hand for some Bourbon Chicken that my husband is going to try. I will share with you that future adventure when it occurs. 

We enjoyed the lemon coolers but will be playing around with the recipe a bit, definitely using sorbet instead of sherbet and adding a bit more sugar and more mint – I should not 
be as skimpy on the ingredients as I sometimes tend to be.  You can also vary the amount of bourbon compared to the amount of club soda - we all added more club soda at the end as well.
Lemon Cooler Recipe
2 ounces bourbon
4 ounces club soda
2 scopes lemon sorbet
4 sprigs of mint
1/2 tsp of sugar
Place 3 sprigs of mint and the sugar in the bottom of a drink worthy glass.
Grind the mint and the sugar together.
Pour the bourbon and the club soda into the glass
Add the sorbet and top with the last sprig of mint.
Enjoy! :-)
Grilled Banana Boats
1 Banana per person
Extra fruit - we used strawberries and blueberries - I also think that oranges, honeydew, and pineapple would be very good.
Preheat the grill - we have an electric grill outside so that is very easy!
Next take a banana and slice it down the center.
Pry the it open a bit
Place the fruit in the center of the banana.
Place each banana on the grill until the skin is brown. 
Enjoy!


The whole evening turned out to be a wonderful night! We enjoyed the time with our dear friends sipping lemon coolers while eating banana boats. 
I hope you enjoy the recipes, if you do try them PLEASE tell me how they were, I would love to hear from you.

Stay well until tomorrow, when you can look forward to the first post for Frugal Friday. 
Blessings, 
Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!