Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Free Summer Adventures

Greetings~
The beginning of last week was very hot here in MN, we even broke a record, 102 degrees, that was not only a record breaker for the day, but, for the hottest day in the last 20+ years. WOW!!!

I am NOT a huge fan of the heat, especially if I am not indoors with central air. Needless to say we do not have central air we only have one window air conditioner that is used to keep the bedrooms livable.

So my goal for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, of last week was to find places to go that are air conditioned as well as FREE and FUN! I think I did pretty good - the "Little Might" and I had a few great Adventures.

On Monday we went to the library, Little Might had so much fun cruising around, there were so many nooks and crannies for him to explore and the floor was carpeted and freshly vacuumed! :-)  It was so nice for him to explore, and he found many age appropriate activities.


 




We had so much fun that we decided to go back to another library the next day. On Tuesday we headed out with some friends of ours including another little boy only two months older than Little Might they had so much fun pretending to fish, Little Might had more fun trying to eat all the fish that he caught. :-)



On Wednesday, it was cooler outside so we headed to the splash pad. It was a blast, Little Might was a bit apprehensive of all the water spouts at times and stayed close to mom. I though was also VERY concerned with the hard cement, I just wanted to make sure that he did not fall. Sorry, I did not get any good pictures of Little Might playing, I was more concerned, making sure that he did not fall.

We had so much fun those few days and the best thing is that all activities were free, not including my Iced Mocha's! :-). I encourage you to check out the activities that are free in your area, you may be surprised, I was. Make sure that you check out the local library, libraries are no longer just for reading.

Don't forget today is the last day to sign-up for a free $10 gift card - how do I do this you say, well simply become a follower of Adventurous Beginnings and you we will be signed up. Wow, what a deal! Good Luck!

Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Little Might, he is so stinking cute!!!!!! Maybe some Friday we can go to one of the free places together, that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!