Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Time is Your Time

I woke up one day last week at 6:00am, to Little Might crying and realized that he was  already awake for the day. To my complete disbelief and irritation, I was not ready to wake up, in any extent of the imagination.

I realized at that time, again, that as a mother my time is NOT my own, my time at many times seems to belong to my family. My son, first, usually; than my husband, than God third, and well, yes myself fourth.

When I think of the fact that I am fourth on the list I usually just smile and laugh and realize that that comes with the joy and the privilege of being a mother. :-)

Usually that happens, accept for when I know that I need a brake, today may just be one of those days.  Little Might is tired and he is on a sugar high, from a few bites of a cookie cake this morning. Did I say that he's teething as well - so NOT a good combination. I was looking forward to an afternoon of washing clothes, working on the computer, and maybe even putting in a movie, while Little Might slept for a nice LONG afternoon nap, seeing he missed his morning nap. Let's just say that that is NOT happening.

What I really wanted to write about though is how, we as women still need to put God first. If we truly believe that we are first and foremost a daughter of Christ, a Child of God, than He needs to be first in our lives. Likewise, if we are going to be the loving and compassionate wife and mother that we are called to be, ready to lay down our life for our spouse and children, than we need to put God first in our life. So how do we do that?


I do realize that the way I put God first in my life, as a wife and mother, will be very different than how a religious sister, or even a single women would put God first in their life. I think it is safe to say though that I miss the time in my life when I could go to daily mass and adoration, more easily. Maybe I wish I had more energy and strength to do those things with Little Might.

I have come up with a list though of things that I think we as women could do and probably need to do. Or at least I know that I need to do these things.  
  1. Remember that my time changing diapers and housecleaning, can be for the Glory of God, and that I am fulfilling the calling of my vocation at those times in my day and life.
  2. Begin each day with morning prayer: 15-20min. of time with God my Father. 
  3. End each day with evening prayer, preferably with my husband.
  4. Little Might is already one which means that I need to begin teaching him the sign of the cross. We will make the sign of the cross in the morning when he wakes, at night before he goes to bed, and before each meal. 
  5. The last thing on my own personal list is that I will begin going to adoration once a week again.
Let us pray together for the strength and courage to each put God first in our lives literally and in meaningful ways.

Blessings in Christ,
Joy

On a side note, Little Might is now sleeping. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!