Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No Expectations

Greetings:
Before I forget there are only 2 more days left to be entered into the drawing to receive the $10 gift card for Target. Simply, sign-up as a follower and you will be entered into a the drawing, what a great deal. :-)

Now onto my post!

Starting with some long over due pictures of our $300 Camper that we bought on Craigslist!

The outside of the camper!
The coffee corner!!!
My chocolate for the weekend, sitting on the table, and the beautiful view of the lake!
Last Friday when I was getting ready for the camping trip to WI I constantly reminded myself to lower my expectations and to not have any. The reason for this is because last year when we went camping for the first time I was so excited, it was going to be great to get away and to have a vacation.

Little did I realize at the time that my vacations with the family were going to be VERY different, they were no longer going to be "vacations" in the normal sense of the word, or at least how I looked at them, a time of relaxing and getting away from all the stresses of life. Well when the stress in your life is trying to get used to being a mother and a wife, it does not go away when you go camping. :-) In fact I remember thinking that camping that first time was way harder than just being at home. Thankfully camping got easier last summer, but, I still new that I needed to keep my expectations in check.

This time around though when I got excited about getting away and being on vacation. I quickly changed my thinking a bit and reminded myself to lower my expectation, and that the point of the vacation was not for me as a mother to relax and "go on vacation" but to enjoy time with my family, build memories for years to come, and to enjoy nature.

I am happy and extremely excited to say that that all happened. We had a great time and I wish that we could have stayed longer.

Mr. T, was wonderful and he really helped out a lot, there were a few times when I got tired or irritated, and he was right there to help, truly helping me to enjoy and to relax a bit during the weekend. I also know though that it helped that Little Might was a year older and that I am a tiny bit more sure of what I am doing as a mother, and as a wife. Even though that sometimes changes on a daily basis.

I am extremely thankful for the beautiful weather that we had, overall, and for the amazing campsite that we had right on the lake. Our front yard of the camper was the lake. I was fortunate enough to wake up and have coffee while I looked at the lake. I grew up near the shores of Lake Superior, so I love the water and I truly believe that bodies of water, rather it be a lake, river, or ocean are some of God's greatest creations.


Don't forget to become a follower before Wednesday night and you can be entered into the drawing for a $10 gift card for Target!


Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!