Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Invitation

In ministry we always talked about the importance of the personal invitation. The personal invitation to help, become involved in a group or organization, the invitation to go on retreat, or to join a prayer group.

While being in ministry and while I was single I never truly realized how important that invitation was until just a few weeks ago, when I was no longer the inviter but the invitee.

I for awhile had wanted to and knew that I needed to sign-up for a holy hour, one hour a week where I would be able to go and adore Jesus Christ in he Eucharist. I knew that I wanted to sign-up I just never got around to it, and I was very concerned about signing for an hour with Little Might, even through I new that I wanted to expose him to the devotion of Adoration and to Jesus. I think I was afraid in some sense or another.

But, one day a few weeks ago Little Might and I stepped into the Adoration Chapel for a few minutes, it was AWFUL, I thought. I felt as if Little Might was to loud, to rambunctious, and all of that. To  make matters worse I knew the person that was in there with her two older sons. After about 20 min. we left. I left with the feeling of complete humility, but at the same time the desire to have an adoration hour.

The "Invitation" came a few days later, when the lady that was in adoration that day emailed me and told me how great it was to see us and how Little Might did not bother her in the least. Here I thought all along that he was being totally disruptive and that we were going to be kicked out at any second. She than went onto invite us to sign-up and adore with them at that same hour every week.

It was within that same time frame that Mr. T and I were talking and he gave me the permission that I needed, NO not the permission to go to adoration, but, the permission to bring Little Might with me, by simply reminding me that Jesus would want him there. Jesus did say, "Let the little children come to me." Sometimes we simply need to be reminded of what we already know.

So, I received the invitation, the invitation that I so desperately needed, to come and adore Christ on a weekly basis. May we each offer to one another that "Invitation" to come and adore Christ, to come and be closer to him, to enter into that relationship with our Heavenly Father. You never know who may need the invite.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!