Thursday, September 1, 2011

Teaching a child to pray!

I feel as if it is of up most importance that we teach our children to pray. I truly believe that this teaching of children to pray is by example and that example needs to begin when they are very young. I have seen proof of that lately in Little Might.

One of the ways that we always pray as family is by saying the rosary when we travel. I grew up doing that as a child, it was a staple of all road trips, likewise Mr. T's family does that when they travel. It has been a great delight to see Little Might trying to participate. All of a sudden I heard him one day, trying to copy me, when I spoke the last part of the Hail Mary he would babble to, and this went on and on. I than at one point gave him the rosary that I was using and he sat their and fingered the beads as well. Yes, the crucifix found its way to his mouth but non-the-less it was amazing to watch him as he tried to do the same thing that he saw mom and dad do.

Little Might has also started to make the Sign-of-the-Cross. Granted it is in his own little way. He can not quite get the order down nor does he have all four distinct parts, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but, he is trying to copy mom and dad again. This started last week at the dinner table. When we made the sign-of the-cross, he did the same thing. Than a few days later when I went to get him from his crib he was "practicing" it is his new favorite activity I think.

But, I am sure that the Lord realizes what Little Might is doing and I simply pray that He blesses him each time he tries. I also pray that Mr. T and I will always be good examples to our children, teaching them to pray while teaching them right from wrong.

Till tomorrow!

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!