Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Cross of Marriage - Part II

Greetings and Welcome to what is turning out to be the third post on married life. Before I begin I want to state that these are simply my reflections on my 2 years of marriage, OK just about 2 years. Mr T and I are only 2 months shy of celebrating our 2nd Anniversary. With that being said though I am by no means a marriage expert.

Mr. T and I on our honeymoon in Vatican City!

Through my married life though I have realized that their are crosses that we take up and their are hard times. Married life is not or will not always be the fairytale that we envision as young girls or that's portrayed in the media. Sometimes those hard times last simply for a few hours or minutes but at other times they seem to go on for days, weeks, months, and even years.

I know personally that their are times when Mr. T and I are NOT seeing eye to eye on anything and we just seem to be going around in circles. During those times, as a good of friend of mine stated once "he is insufferable" for some reason that made me laugh, and I now here my self saying that about Mr. T, I think I say it and laugh at the same, which helps me release my frustration.

Before I continue I want to state that at the current moment Mr. T and I seem to be at a WONDERFUL point in our relationship as man and wife, the Lord is truly blessing us and I am seeing the amazing husband and father that Mr. T is. That probably is why I feel comfortable writing this.

Their are five things that I try to remember, these five elements I believe help me to be a better wife, mother, while helping me to take up the daily crosses of marriage. For the truth is that the daily crosses of marriage will never go away, for in marriage we are called to be intricately connected to another human being, and both of those humans, the man and the wife are sinful creatures.

On a more practical level their will always be times when Mr. T is more slow for my liking or he thinks to much about one thing. On the same note, their will always be times when I am trying to have things to much in order or to much in control for Mr. T's liking. Is this why God asked us to marry each other, YES, I believe so.

So the following are the five things that I believe will help any marriage:
1. The vocation of every women is to give, sometimes to give until it hurts.
2. We can pray by ourselves, and we need to pray by ourselves.
3. We can take initiative in the marriage.
4. We should explore interests outside of our marriage and our family, becoming the well rounded individual that we are called to be.
5. We should remember the "tabor vision" of our beloved, the one that Christ asked us to marry.

This is by no means an exhausted list, please feel free to add to the list. I would love to hear from you.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!