Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The women as an initiator, yes or no?

Welcome to Adventurous Beginnings, and can I just add it is so nice to have my computer back, charging with internet access. The little blessings in life and the technology that we take for granted.

I am also very excited for Little Might and I are up near Lake Superior for the week, enjoying both air conditioning and the natural air conditioner of Lake Superior!!! Mr. T will be joining us on Thursday as we celebrate my moms 65th Birthday! I am sure that I will have stories and pictures to share as the few days of Mother and Daughter adventures unfold into family adventures at the end of this week, when Mr. T, my brother, and my dad, have Thursday and Friday off as well.

On to the actual post for the day, which is the third post in the series of five on the different elements that I believe help a women in being a holy wife, this one deals with rather or not a women can be an initiator.

At the beginning of my marriage I originally thought that a women could never be an initiator that it was always the husbands job to do the initiating, rather it be for a date night, or just an outing for the family for a day. I have come to realize though that it is just not practical for the husband to ALWAYS do the initiating and that it puts on do pressure on him.

It was just a few months ago that I truly came to realize this. To realize that we as wife's can initiate a few things, no don't get me wrong, I am NOT totally taking the men off the hook. Their are still times when they should plan something nice for their wives or for the family. He still needs to continue to court his wife. :-)

We as wives though can help thing along. For I come to realize that Mr. T as least, sometimes has way to much other stuff on his plate. He has his hands full by providing for and caring for the family in other ways. Another point for my belief that women can be the initiator sometimes is that marriage is a joint effort. So we need to help things along sometimes.

When I first came to the conclusion that I could plan dates, I used the Dating Divas website. Since then I have moved away from using the site, I realized that this was not ultimately what was helpful for our marriage. I do though still just think of fun things for us to do now and then, and will still initiate a date night here and there I just won't be as elaborate as the dates on the website. Mr. T actually told me that I don't have to try that hard. If you are married to a guy though that likes things to be that much of a surprise or that elaborate go for it and have fun. Their ideas are far more creative that I could ever be. Enjoy!!!

I would love to hear though what your thoughts are as to rather or not the wife can initiate dates/date night or even initiate conversations. I have heard of couples that believe that it is always the husbands responsibility to initiate the conversation, especially the conversation at the dinner table. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!