Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Tribute To My Mom

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM~
My mom and I in our new dresses!
Today my mom will celebrate a milestone Birthday! So today I will be taking just a moment to tell you a bit about her while sharing a bit about our plans for the day and about the exciting weekend that we have planned, while reflecting on the last few days.

Little Might and I have been back at "home" with my parents since Monday night. My mom had the week off so we decided to come up here. I originally was excited but apprehensive at the same time, I have not been home for this long of a time, since I don't know when, likewise I don't think I have been away from Mr. T for this long either. I do miss him and am very excited that he will be coming up here later today. :-)

With all of that being said though I have had a great time up here. It has been a true joy to spend the last few days with my mom; my dad and my brother have been working all week.

My mom and I have spent a day shopping, which is always fun, this shopping trip was not the most frugal. I will admit though that I have two brand new dresses for less than $50  and one was originally $100 so I guess with that in mind it was pretty frugal. It definitely is fun to have something new. Maybe we as women need to do that every now and again. We will also be getting our nails done today. So I am excited to say that both my mom and I will be getting all dressed up in our new dresses with our fancy nails for supper tonight. :-)

It is fun being a women and it is definitely enjoyable to do this all with my mom.

My moms birthday wish was that she would have her whole family together, and she will for supper when her son-in-law comes into to town. Prior to that we will start the day off with mass followed by breakfast, a bit more girl time when we do our nails, followed by walking along Lake Superior. To make this week even more exciting we will all travel together on Friday out on adventure along the shores of Lake Superior as we visit a small town complete with a few surprises along the way. My mom has NO idea where we are going, it is her birthday present, from all her kids. 

What a great week it has been and I am truly blessed to have the mom that I do. A mom who has passed on her love for china, and all things elegant! As well as her love for chocolate and eating cake for breakfast.  She is also a mom though that inspires me to love my family and to give my all to Little Might just like she has given her all for her kids. She has been a great example of what a mom should be. I pray that I will be just as great of a mom to my children.

I hope you each have a great day one filled with blessed times with your loved ones.

Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. You and your mom look so much alike! What beautiful dresses! Enjoy your time up north, it sounds wonderful. Please tell your mom I said Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!