Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Well Rounded...

I am not sure about the other moms and wives out there but this at times seems to be VERY difficult. I can tell you though at least from my experience in the last 2 years that it is so necessary to stay/become a well rounded women of God, wife and mother. It is from my experience that I put the need to be Well Rounded as the 4th point in developing a good marriage.

I know that I myself am so much happier when I focus on other aspects of life and not just solely on my vocation as wife and mother. This does not only entail focusing on my relationship with Christ, and that first and foremost I am a daughter of Christ; but, it also entails focusing on other interests.

It was partly due to this need that I started blogging, I realized that I needed something else to do, NO, not because I was bored or had a lack of things to do, but because I realized that I needed something challenging and something that would help me reflect and on life while helping me bring my faith more into my life. I truly miss that part from when I was a full-time youth minister and RCIA director. 

There will always be dishes to do, laundry to wash, and diapers to change, BUT, I cannot let myself go either spiritually, intellectually, or even with my looks. I believe that this is all part of being a well-rounded individual.

It is with this reflection that one of my personal goals is to always try new things and to search out different hobbies while constantly integrating the things that I miss doing more often ie. reading, writing and talking about Catholicism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!