Monday, July 4, 2011

Manic Monday - Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you are each enjoying a wonderful day with your family and friends, as we take a moment to pray in thanksgiving for our country, the soldiers who have given their life for our freedom, and for our elected officials.

One of my favorite patriotic songs is God Bless the USA and as I was writing this post I could not help but take a moment to listen to it on u-tube. The lyrics are great, and it is a good reminder for each of us to not take for granted the freedom that we have. Yes, I know that I myself am not always happy with our country and our elected officials, especially in MN right now, BUT that does not matter. We have an amazing history of people who have fought and worked hard for the freedom that we currently have, and that is what we need to celebrate today. While we celebrate what the good Lord has bestowed on our country.

In celebration of the 4th of July, I also have a perfect red, white, and blue, recipe that I am going to pass on. I had this chip dip Memorial Day Weekend, and I loved the taste and the red, white, and blue of it.
One can black beans
1 1/2  8oz packages of cream cheese
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Sliced green onions
Take a pie plate and spread the cream cheese on the bottom,
then spread 1/3 of the bottle of Raspberry Chipotle Sauce over the cheese, 
next spread the black beans over that,
than last but not least sprinkle the green onions over the beans.
For an extra festive look, put mini American Flags on top. 
Enjoy with your favorite chips!

Menu for the Week
Tuesday - Crockpot boneless ribs
Wednesday - We will be at a Mass and Reception in honor of First Vows, for the Sisters of St. Peter Clavier.
Thursday - Tacos
Friday -  Turkey Burgers

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!