Friday, July 15, 2011

Frugal Friday - Gas Saving Tips

Welcome to Frugal Friday!

First of all thank you everybody for your prayers for my Great Aunt! She was laid to rest yesterday in a beautiful funeral!
May eternal rest be granted onto her and let perpetual light shine upon her! Amen

A brief story about my Great Aunt - She just recently became more involved in my life again when Little Might was born. She had a great fondness for babies, she loved them.
To help celebrate Little Mights first year of life she would send cards to him for EVERY occasion, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the list goes on, in that card she would always include a one dollar bill! What a great women and a great lady she was, she will be missed greatly.

For the Frugal Friday post on Gas Saving Tips, I have three quick things that I have recently learned.

1. Not using Air Conditioning but keeping the windows open does NOT help to save on gas mileage, for you have the wind working against your car. This is just enough incentive for me to throw out that piece of info that I learned many many years ago!

2. I have just recently started paying attention to my Roundy's Rewards card from Rainbow, and it is working! I had saved up 31 cents off per gallon of gas, and that saved me  $6 when I filled up my tank a few weeks ago. When I looked at my Roundy's receipt the other day, I realized that I already had another 17 cents off per gallon of gas. I am probably going to wait with that one for a bit yet. But when I get it up to 20 cents that will save me $4. Wow, a savings of $10 in about a month, month and a half! Works for me! So if you have a Rainbow near you, or another grocery store that does money back for gas, I would strongly suggest looking into it.

3. The third tidbit on gas that I have recently learned is that Super America accepts competitor coupons and they have double coupons on Tuesday, at least in here in MN. So I will definitely be taking advantage of those days.

I hope these gas saving tips will help you with all of your summer travel. Have a great weekend, and just as a brief FYI, I will be logging off for the weekend. I forget the charger for my computer when I was up north for the funeral and will not have it back until Monday.

Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Another Gas tip:

    Track your mpg and see what you get with different stores - I find that I get an average of 4+ mpg MORE when I go with the local mom-n-pop gas station than the BIG supercenters! Also - check tire pressure: low tire pressure = decreased mpgs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!