Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sabbath Sense Saturday

I have been fortunate enough to spend the whole week up near Lake Superior with my parents, and Mr. T came and joined us on Thursday afternoon. It has been a wonderful few days with my whole family.

Yesterday we traveled to Bayfield WI and to Madeline Island. What a wonderful adventure, the highlight for all of us was probably the Ferry ride from the mainland to the island. What an amazing view of Lake Superior and of the Sunset coming back.

As I reflected on the Gospel reading for tomorrow the line, when he finds a pearl of great price, he goes and sells all that he has and buys it."  This line I think fits in nicely with the week that I have had and with my latest reflections here on Adventurous Beginnings on marriage. It is in courtship and engagement that the man begins to see in the women that she is a pearl, a pearl of great price, and it is at the moment when he is "in love" and that he is truly willing to give his all. I remember this time with Mr. T, just like I hope you remember your time of courtship and engagement with your loved if you are married. He definitely jumped through hopes at times, and did things that he did not always like to do. Their are things now that he will NEVER do that he did all the time during courtship because he was in love and because he wanted to impress me. I am sure that I did the same things.

I think it is important to continue to give of ourselves of our time and energy for our loved ones. All of our loved ones, including parents, brothers, and sisters. When we do this we will continue to reap rewards beyond our telling.

May we each remember our ultimate "Pearl of Great Price" and our ultimate destination of Beatitude in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!