Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Marriage a Vocation to Behold

Greetings:

Welcome, during the last few weeks I posted a series on Marriage, it turned out to be a series of 7 posts which included five elements of marriage that I truly try to remember.  I had no idea where this was going to go when I initially started that first post a few weeks ago.

Non-the-less I thought it was important to review the five elements that I reflected on.
1. The vocation of every women is to give, sometimes to give until it hurts.
2. We can pray by ourselves, and we need to pray by ourselves.
3. We can take initiative in the marriage.
4. We should explore interests outside of our marriage and our family, becoming the well rounded individual that we are called to be.
5. We should remember the "tabor vision" of our beloved, the one that Christ asked us to marry.

I also wanted to take a moment to say how much fun I had writing these posts, and I truly hope that you enjoyed reading them just as much. It was a GREAT opportunity to journey back through my relationship with Mr. T. Thinking about courtship, engagement, and the first few months of our married life. I realize that some of you have been married for far more than two years. I simply hope and pray that God will continue to bless Mr. T and I along this crazy journey and that he will bless each of you along your journey as well.

As I was writing this series of blog posts I was remembered of how much I enjoy writing about relationships and how energized I become. I would love to hear your thoughts about the series and if you haven any other pointers that you try to remember when being the wife and mother that you are called to be.

I will also in the next few days be adding a separate page to my blog primarily consisting of these posts on marriage.

On another bookkeeping note, I have been trying to add a link to my blog that includes my email so you can email me if you would like to do so instead of posting a comment for all to see. If anybody knows how to do this without actually showing the email address itself please let me know.

Blessings,
Joy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy.. I'm also new to CMO and really excited to be here. I thought I'd check out some of the other newbies. I LOVE your profile.. I too love coffee in the morning and my husband and I also love a glass of red wine.

    Coincidentally I did a 3 part series on marriage as my husband and I prepare to begin assisting with Marriage Preparation at our church. You can check it out on my blog if you like.. part one is at the top as my most popular post. I look forward to reading yours. Looks like we have a few things in common!

    Great to meet you.. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog. I look forward to seeing many more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have found your blog through CMO. I laughed when I read your profile about coffee and wine. ME TOO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!