Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The need to pray, daily, and by ourselves!

Greetings Welcome to Adventurous Beginnings~

Today I am going to continue talking about the great adventure of marriage, one of the greatest adventures that I'm on in life, motherhood being the other.

Before I get started though I wanted to point out a few exciting happenings here on Adventurous Beginnings. The first is that I am officially a proud member of the Catholic Mothers Online blog role, you can see the picture indicating this on the right side here. So please go check out the Catholic Mothers Online blog, where guest bloggers and Angie write fascinating blog posts on motherhood and the Catholic faith, Enjoy!

The need to pray, daily, and by ourselves!

When I read the above line, I realize that it really is not rocket science, but, for me seems to be because it has taken me so long to grasp this, at least recently, than to actually implement, which I am humbled to say I am still working on.

As a single women I really enjoyed daily mass and adoration, and I still do, and in fact I miss the opportunity to go.Now when I go to even Sunday mass, I am always so distracted, and I just pray that God is still bestowing His grace on this mother.

About daily prayer though, once I got married it seemed to be harder to try to go to adoration and daily mass, especially once the baby, toddler now, came around. So that is one aspect or maybe excuse that I use for daily prayer.

Private daily prayer is also a very important aspect of every Christian and especially that of a married women. For some reason though when I first got married I felt as if all prayer at home needed to include Mr. T.  Yes, I do believe that couples need to pray together daily, but, the spouse also needs to be pray by his or herself.

I am currently trying to get back in the habit of doing Morning Prayer and Night Prayer as part of the Liturgy of the Hours. So I think little by little I am getting my routine of prayer back in place.  Which I am very excited about, because I really do enjoy that personal time with God.

I have also learned to realize that as a women, as a bride, I can and I need to pray for Mr. T especially during those times when it seems hard for him to pray. Because as spouses we are one body, including one body in Spirit so I can not only offer him up in prayer but pray for him.

So this evening may we all remember to pray for our spouses and all our loved ones.

Blessings,
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Ah, very good point!

    I recently took a day away from our five children (hubby spent the day with them) and went to a seminar given by Katrina Zeno - her book "When Life Doesn't Go Your Way" capitalized on the fact that we (as women/wife/mother) need to remember that we are first a daughter, then a bride - it's good to remember to take the time to be with our heavenly father, alone in prayer.

    And great point - always pray for our spouses! My hubby just became a member of the Catholic Church this Easter - and I know the graces of having myself (and many others!) praying for him helped this decision along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!