Friday, July 8, 2011

Frugal Friday - Unpublished Rates

Greetings and welcome to Frugal Friday on Adventurous Beginnings!

I have never been daring enough to use Hotwire, book a hotel with out knowing the name of it, you must be kidding me, who would ever do such a foolish thing, well, ME!

Yep, I just used unpublished rates for the first time today. I booked it through Expedia, this is a new thing that they have started, and it looks as if they have partnered with Hotwire for this.

For some reason I felt more comfortable using Expedia, probably because I have used Expedia for airline travel and hotel stays many times in the past. I am excited to say that this Adventure turned out OK. We are not staying at a five star hotel, the Wyndham or Double tree, for only $35 a night. The hotel however has a complimentary breakfast in the morning and it has a pool. I am equally happy to say that it is not a Motel 6, when I was a child I used to love Motel 6 because it always had a pool, for some reason my parents were never as thrilled about them, and I don't think I have stayed at one since. I know, they leave the light on!

We paid less then $90 for both nights, including all taxes and fees. I am hoping that this leaves room in our budget for a stop in either, Chicago, Madison, or WI Dells on the way back, a girl can dream can't she!

Enjoy your weekend and next time you are looking for a hotel don't be afraid to check out Expedia Unpublished Rates.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!