Friday, July 1, 2011

Frugal Friday - Consignment Shops

It's Friday!!!

Welcome to Frugal Friday on Adventurous Beginnings and welcome to FRIDAY! I hope you each have awesome plans for the big 4th of July weekend.

I am not sure how much of a money saver or frugal tip this is, it may just turn out to be a more of my day thus far.

I have been in the process of cleaning out my closets, and can I just add that it is not a fun thing. There are so many things that do not fit me any more,including some of my favorite dresses and outfits. I have to realize though that they simply do not fit me anymore and that they probably never will. I know though that I gained way more though than simply a few pounds over the last year, I have gained a child. So yes, it is all worth it. It probably is not necessary that I still fit into a size 0 anymore!

My adventure in getting rid of my clothes started by finding a consignment shop a few days ago, just by accident, there was a Clothes Mentor consignment shop next to Baby's R US and I was waiting for Mr. T I went in there to learn more about their consignment process. You bring in the clothes to sell and they will pay you 1/3 of the price that they will sell it for. Their main stipulations were that they wanted clean not worn out clothes that were of the current in style.

So today I decided that I would go through the pile that I had ready for Good Will and see if there was anything that I thought I would be able to sell. Little did I know that they usually only take one or two items. Yes, that is what happened, they took one of my dresses. I even had some other nice dresses and tops from the Loft that they did not want.

I realized that there was just something about that that did not sit well with me. These were items that I would love to keep in my closet and items that I would love to still wear. How dare them, that they don't want them. :-)

On to a tip though about frugality, I did make over $5 though off of one dress. So I can still say that the adventure to the consignment shop was a success. I do think I will try it again, and I do want to find some other consignment shops. Likewise, the prices at this one to purchase clothing was not great for basic clothing, but, for a special occasion dress I think they would be a good place to stop.

All in all my trip to the consignment shop was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!