Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sabbath Sense Saturday

“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
Matthew 11:30
I really enjoy that first passage, in fact it is one of my favorites.  "come to me, all you who labor and are burdened and I will give you rest." It is one of those passages that when I get worried, or apprehensive I recite it in my mind. In today's busy, fast paced, stressful society I think is very important that we have these passages of truth that we can rely on.

This passage calls us to trust in God. To give Him all the things of our day of our life that worry us. When God asks us to trust Him, He really wants us to trust Him, not just say Lord I trust you, but, to actually live our lives with that trust. Trusting our good Lord to provide for the food on our table, the clothes on our back. To protect us while traveling, to protect us from storms. Than to take it a step further and protect our loved ones as well, our spouses, children, parents, and friends.  Wow, that is quite the list of everything that we put in God's hands. The remarkable truth is that He can handle it, and handle it better than we can. 

It is probably safe to say that I am a bit of a worrier as well as a controller, Mr. T would definitely say that I am. I know that I need to work on, for if I really trusted God and had faith in Him I would be more willing to simply go with the flow, realizing that EVERYTHING is in God's hands. For us humans this is extremely difficult. For some, even more so, as it is truly a cross that they are called to carry and than lay down at the foot of Jesus.

This weekends gospel reading is a good reminder to not just say that we trust in God but to truly live our lives believing that God knows best and that He will guide us. This means putting our whole life; our health, our checkbook, our present, past, and future, and our loved ones in God's hands. 

"Peace I leave with you..."

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!