Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dreaming

"We grow great by dreams. 
All big men are dreamers. 
They see things in the soft haze of a spring day
or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. 
Some of us let these great dreams die, 
but others nourish and protect them; 
nurse them through bad days 
till they bring them to the sunshine and light 
which comes always to those who sincerely hope 
that their dreams will come true."
 Woodrow Wilson

I have a nice list of wishes going on now days! Last weekend Mr. T and I really started to DREAM about a few things and I need to say that it was a lot of fun. I am hoping that a few of these dreams might come true someday but it is also very enjoyable to think about and dream about the future.

One of my dreams has actually become a gift that I have on my Christmas list, I want a SLR camera. My dad has one and I had a lot of fun using it throughout the weekend. I think that it would be a great way to really get into picture taking and documenting memories throughout the years.

Two more of our dreams that we really had fun dreaming about this past weekend, is our desire to own water front property on the largest lake in the world, non other than Lake Superior and to own a small boat. We are being realistic with the first aforementioned, dream all we would like is a small parcel, an acre or so, just enough to park our pop-up on or to build a small hermitage. As we were dreaming about owning land on the lake I started to realize the great investment that this would be. Owning land on Lake Superior would be something that would be really nice to pass on to our children. Land will always be valuable and the cost of land will probably not go down to much at least, from the low that it is presently at. With that in mind a see how this could be a great investment and something that we could pass on to our children.

A few of the other things on our list of dreams include living in Italy for awhile, traveling to Hawaii, and Ireland, maybe just plain traveling in general.  Last but not least moving to the country where I have a whole grown-up wish list of having a garden, deck, clothes line, and chickens! The things you want when you get older!

I have never had so many things that I have been dreaming about before in my life. This is definitely new for me but I am enjoying it am realizing that it is fun to dream and important as well.

What are your dreams for the future! Enjoy them and foster them!

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!