Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I just saw the bride!

Before I officially started blogging I would write "would be" blog posts and here is one that I really wanted to share. For me it is a beautiful reminder of the joy that comes with getting married, I wrote this back in May, the wedding that we attended was the same weekend as the big royal wedding.

Even as I go back and read this I get excited about weddings. I am happy to say that we have two more weddings coming up this season.

One will take us all the way to Ohio in the beginning of August. I am excited for the road trip that will go along with it and because it will be one of those amazing Catholic Weddings. Those are always a joy to attend, the wedding back in May, was one of the as well. Those are the weddings where you know that they are willing to take up the cross of marriage along with the complete joy that comes with married life. Enjoy the following post!

I just saw the Bride!
No, that is not Kate Middelton that I am referring to. We have a wedding tomorrow afternoon, a good Catholic wedding and the first of the season. It will also be Little Might's first, my hope is that he will have so much fun, at least with the reception after-wards.

Before I digress, what is it about weddings that make us so joyful and so happy. After seeing the Bride-To-Be I was so happy and so excited and just could not stop smiling. For some reason weddings make us think of all the good in life and all the good in our marriages. We cannot help but look at the couple to be with wonder and awe about the adventure that they are about to start out on on.

The wedding also encourages us to rekindle that love and passion within our own and to think back and remember our own Wedding Day and how excited we were. Remembering our dress, the flowers, and most importantly, remembering our husband, the words that committed ourselves to become man and wife, to become one in the Holy Sacrament of Marriage.

We remember the promises that we made the Nuptial Covenant that we entered into. Realizing that vows all of a sudden have a totally different meaning, as they really do entail taking the good with the bad, the sickness with the health, till death do us part. We realize the marriage really is a cross that we must take up daily to come to find the joy that awaits at the end of each day, if you choose to say "I am sorry" and realize that tomorrow will be another day!

Praying that the joy will triumph in each marriage, rather it be a time where you feel the pain of the cross or the celebration of the resurrection. 

Here is to all the Beautiful Bride-To-Be's, the Brides, and to their lucky Grooms.

May God Bless each of us on our own journey of marital bliss.

Blessings,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Adventurous Beginnings, I would be delighted to hear from you! Likewise, if you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to my blog.
Blessings, Joy!